The Pavillion, rebuilt with historically accuracy of post and beam construction, has been an ongoing project of the Friends of Legion State Park. Funded by a Landmark Preservation Grant from the Ms Dept of Archives and History and matching funds provided by donations through the Friends,the Fair family and with lumber provided by Gary Hughes, the pavillion should be a welcome addition to the Park providing a covered picnic area along with a stone fireplace. The original structure was constructed by the Civilain Conservation Corps in the 1930's.
|Davis L. Fair, III speaks at dedication|
Also in attendance were Ms. Libby Hartfield, the State Parks
Director, Mr. H. T. Holmes, the Director of the Ms. Dept of Archives and History and State Senator Giles Ward who was instrumental in the process of attaining funding for the structure.
Frances Ball, President of Friends of Legion also singled out member, Kline Shepherd for his hard work and vision in completing the project.
The Pavillion is available for use by the public and can be reserved for special events. wwm